- Attends monthly departmental communication meetings.
- Assists other accounts/stores personnel as required.
- Liaises with the Executive Chef, Restaurant and Bars Manager and Director of Finance to facilitate information sharing.
- Reports any operational concerns or problems to the D.O.F.
- May be required to train other employees eg induction or on-the-job training.
- May be required to coordinate and supervise the activities of other stores personnel.
- Maintenance of logbook of any queries/problems.
- Attend food and beverage meetings as and when required.
- Maintenance of logbook of items received into the store for other departments or guests.
- Vigilance in ensuring the security of the loading dock and stores area, reporting any issues of concern to the HR manager or D.O.F
- Adheres to the courtesy standards at all times.
- Handles all operational equipment with care at all times, ensures its cleanliness and reports damaged equipment to the
engineering department or the Director of Finance.
- Ensures that storage areas are clean and tidy at all times.
- Assists in the preparation of month end reports by
- Preparing details of total purchases – meat, seafood, dry goods and beverage totals
- Preparing details of slow moving items
- Preparing details of product cost prices – current prices and increases
- Preparing stock for stocktaking and performing stock counts each month end
- Assists in the purchasing of goods by
- Inputting purchases and forwarding to accounts on a daily basis
- Ensuring that purchasing procedures are followed correctly
- Being aware of national purchasing agreements
- Checking that price agreements are adhered to
- Liaising with sales reps to obtain best possible terms
- Keeping up to date with market prices
- Ensuring a clean cut off at month end and forwarding totals to accounts
Ensures that procedures on stock safety and storeroom security are maintained and that after hours issues are monitored.
Inputs issues and files on a daily basis.
Keeps stock inventory descriptions, size and weight current.
Deletes obsolete product lines from inventory following the correct procedures.
Enters new stock lines after completion of the inventory stock form.
Ensures that current par stock levels are maintained and constantly reviewed.
Monitors slow and dead stock, informing dept heads and suggesting action to rectify.
Carries out detailed cost comparisons on a rotational basis.
Completes a monthly stocktake of the bulk store rooms, ensuring that any discrepancies are investigated, corrected and reported
to the D.O.F.
Liaises with the kitchen to ensure stock received is correct and food costs are kept to a minimum.
Liaises with the bars and restaurant manager to ensure that beverage stocks are kept to a minimum and beverage costs
are also minimised.
Implements cost saving initiatives in conjunction with the bars and restaurant department and the finance department.