Assistant Sales Manager
Hilton Petaling Jaya
MYR 2,000.00 - MYR 3,000.00
- Respond to enquiries for functions (by telephone and walk-in guest).
- Assess the physical requirements of the proposed function (no. of pax, time, and type of function) and reserve an appropriate venue for the client in the banquet reservation system.
- Discuss with the clients further details pertaining to an event: menu, beverage, budget, and miscellaneous arrangements.
- Prepare proposal letter based on the clients’ requirements, ensures 8 hours response time or not more than 24 hours based on the department SOP.
- Follow up with clients on proposals and finalize all the arrangements. Issue instructions for functions to all departments via the event order, with minimum 7 days prior to the actual event.
- Supervise the work of Sales Co-ordinator (GC&E) who prepares and distributes instructions and other correspondence.
- Supervise the preparation of arrangements of the concerned function to ensure everything is in order, proactively guiding the client to ensure the event’s success.
- Liaise with Banquet Service, Bar Manager, Kitchen, Stewarding, Engineering, Art Department (or other) prior to the function.
- If on duty, greet the client during the course of the function, to ensure that everything goes smoothly and introduce the Banquet Operations Manager.
- Prepare the Banquet Evaluation Letter after the function.
- Maintain regular contacts with the banquet clients.
- Control expenses relating to the function to ensure maximum net profit.
- Prepare necessary Sales Reports (GC&E) as assigned by the Director / Assistant Director of Sales (GC&E).
- Attend, whenever require, the banquet coordination meeting with all Banquet & Catering Sales Team Members, Executive Chef, Chief Steward, Beverage Manager, Banquet Operations Manager and F&B Service Manager to communicate the specific information of the requirements of all forthcoming functions and events.
- Ensure credit policy is adheres to with all bookings and all monies are received in the correct time frame.
- Highlight every issues immediately to DOS / Credit Manager.
- Candidate must possess at least a STPM or preferably Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma or Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in Business Studies/Administration/Management, Marketing or equivalent.
- At least 2-3 years of working experience in sales/client servicing/business development/key account experience, preferably in Hotel industries.
- Computer literate with strong analytical mind and result oriented.
- Effective presentation skills and demonstrate good business acumen.
- Team player with ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Good communication skill with ability to manage a team of sales personnel.
Similar jobs from Hilton Petaling Jaya