The role holder is responsible for implementing and executing as per the strategic buying plans for the assigned brand/category. The role holder also ensures smooth buying operations through vendor identification, evaluation and selection, in compliance with the contract principles to achieve the strategic and financial objectives of the brand/category of products.
- Analyzes historical data and current trends to identify current and future risks and opportunities.
- Helps the business unit meet the profit targets by ensuring timely launch of the department/category merchandise coordinating them with suppliers/vendors.
- Assists in creating clear, comprehensive brand/category plans to ensure profitability by maintaining and building consumer focused brand/category lines.
- Places orders with the selected vendor(s) based on the buying plans and ensures merchandise is delivered as per the plan based on the agreed service level agreement.
- Recaps and analyzes actual sales results to plan and forecast in-season sales/inventories on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to drive sales, bottom-line profitability and inventory targets to meet or exceed financial goals.
- Prepares periodic reports on sales turnover and customer trends per product to arrive at decision to maintain, liquidate or dispose-off the stock, and-or continue/discontinue the product line.
- Communicates, collates and follows-up on various product requirements and findings obtained from the sales/store data.
- Identifies buying opportunities to source products order and re-order products and to ensure that Business maintains its competitive edge by constant renegotiation with brands.
- Collaborate and negotiates to obtain the right assortment for the business by also maintaining a good relationship with principal/supplier.
- Executes as per the financial and credit services agreement with the vendor that maximizes profit and positively contributes to cash flow.
- Co-ordinate with merchandising team to send the faulty/damaged goods back to the vendor according to guidelines.
- Assist in generating periodic reports on consumer behavior, consumer trends per product etc. to facilitate on daily buying and merchandising actions and analysis on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Prepare seasonal buying information to facilitate for Seasonal Product Presentation.
- Ensuring accuracy and consistent updates on product information, and product status via orderbook management.
- Work with the team by providing guidance, mentoring and coaching to achieve the defined goals.
- Drives a culture of feedback and coaching in the Business Unit by providing feedback on an ongoing basis, identifying development needs and coaching the employees on the areas of improvement.
- Drive teamwork mindset between buying & merchandising team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management/Buying and Merchandising or its equivalent.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience as a product buyer with a large retail organization.
- Fluent in English skills (written and spoken)
- Planning and Organizing.
- Data Gathering and analysis.
- MS Office and Tools.
- Knowledge of ERP (relevant)
- Merchandising Team.
- Area Manager (s)
- Buying Team.
- Warehousing and Logistics.
- Supply Chain.
- Planning Team.
- Retail Brand Marketing.
- Marketing Team.
- Ecomm Team.