Pre– opening - the Operations Manager will work closely with COO in establishing the store into a fully operational business. Develop and implement store processes and procedures, will manage the installation of store fittings, will recruit Operations staff and will manage the installation of a point of sale provider. Post-opening - the Operations Manager will have responsibility for the daily operation of the store to ensure it runs efficiently and smoothly and for achieving challenging sale targets.
Pre – Opening
- Developing and implementing store processes and procedures including but not limited to ordering, pricing, stock management, cash handling/beginning/end of day, customer service and store presentation.
- Managing the installation of store fittings, merchandise layout and opening day events.
- Recruiting and inducting operation staff in readiness for store opening.
- Managing the installation of a point of sale provider.
- Create and develop content to strengthen the soft skills of the team when it comes to all the key moments of engaging clients (welcoming, breaking the ice etc) and the right capabilities to evaluate the performance of the operations team.
- Develop & implement the OSH management system, safety rules and safety system.
- Assist COO in managing the daily operation of the store to ensure it runs efficiently and smoothly by initiating, coordinating and enforcing SOPs and Company's policies and procedures, recruitment, training and development- ensuring excellent customer service.
- Achieving challenging monthly and annual sales, inventory and related store KPI targets.
- Managing merchandising layout.
- Achieve financial objective by working closely with the COO on annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analysing variances and initiating corrective actions through the store budget and P&L.
- Leading and develop strong service-oriented team in Japanese Hospitality and ensuring high degree of customer service delivery to our customers.
- Other duties as requested commensurate with the level of the position.
- The responsibilities of this position require the incumbent to be flexible in their approach. There may be a requirement to occasionally work outside of and in addition to contracted hours.
- Monitor and ensure that the store is in compliance to relevant laws & regulation (e.g Occupational Safety and Health) and provide necessary advice to the Management as and when necessary.
- Diploma/Degree in Retail Management, Hotel Management or its equivalent.
- Candidate with minimum 15 years of working experience in retail operations. Minimum 8 years in Managerial level.
- Proven record of knowledge and expertise in retail operations. Use to work in an international environment and capable to sense cultural differences would be a plus.
- Pre-opening experience.
- Excellent command of language both written and spoken English. Knowledge of Japanese language is an added advantage.
- Strong leadership skills and professional image.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and able to work well with all levels of staff.
- Ability to handle multiple demands, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle complex customer service issues; (i.e. dissatisfied customers, complaints, returns, repairs & after-sales)
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including weekends and holidays.