The “Business Development Officer” (BDO) is a commercial client-facing role responsible for the commercial and financial development within a defined geographical scope (region), through promoting and selling standard NIOSHCert products. The Business Development Officer will play an
active role in managing and expanding a personal client portfolio as a function of business needs. The purpose of the role is to deliver planned levels of Business (Volume/Actual Sales) from existing and targeted client with a clear focus on Standard Products.
The Business Development Officer has accountabilities in 3 main areas, namely New Client Development, Existing Client Development, and Business Compliance.
New Client Development
- Accountable for delivery of the volume and sales with a clear focus on NIOSHCert standard products.
- Accountable for the “Up Selling and Cross Selling” process within the geographic territory.
- Accountable for new project or special project.
Existing Client Development
- Accountable for develop additional business and the “Cross Selling” process within the geographic territory.
- Accountable for supporting the resolution of Operations issues, including interventions with customers to resolve escalated issues, collection (including DSO) resolutions.
- Accountable for ensuring that contracts / agreements for all clients within the Regionals portfolio comply with NIOSHCert guidelines.
- Accountable for the contract renewal and client retention.
- Accountable for ensuring that NIOSHCert processes, guidelines, tools and procedures are adopted without exception.
- Accountable for ensuring that the CRM Open sales pipeline is sufficiently robust to ensure delivery of required targets, whilst simultaneously ensuring an adequately strong platform for delivering result performance in the coming financial result period.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University/ Institute.
- Minimum of 1-2 years' experience in related field would be an advantage.
- Independent and analytical thinker with the ability to conduct research and data analysis with attention to details.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Inquisitive mind to solve problems.
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Strong command of written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Able to perform work under pressure while meeting tight deadlines, is independent, and is a good team player.
- Good interpersonal skills and be able to interact with people at all levels.
- Computer literate with extremely good Microsoft Office skills.