Customer Support Engineer
Besi Apac Sdn Bhd
MYR 3,000.00 - MYR 6,000.00
Achieve full Customer satisfaction by support, train and provide other services to the customer. A customer support engineer is the first contact point for customer and field service engineers when it comes to troubleshooting complex problems. In case required you will arrange training to maintain the high skill level of customer’s technicians and/or field service engineer. Depending on the nature of the problem a customer support engineer takes the required actions. If a solution already exists it might be an advice to the customer about a system upgrade. Design faults and structural part failures will be highlighted and discussed with engineering department and/or supplier. Furthermore are you the gate keeper for the quality, serviceability and user-friendliness of our portfolio to match our customer’s high expectations.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support to Meco Customers, this regards electrical- and mechanical issues.
- Initiate and coordinate warranty orders.
- Report weekly to manager regarding pending issues.
- Support Field Service Engineers during their projects on site.
- If necessary, provide service in the field him/herself.
- Coordinate trouble shooting based on technical drawings, customer specifications and knowledge about the customer.
- Advise Customers about services Meco can supply.
- Assist Spare parts Order desk to provide missing part numbers.
- 5 years’ experience in OEM wet process operations.
- Minimal Technical Engineering degree.
- Relevant experience with servicing of Plating machines.
- Willing and able to travel on (relatively) short notice.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Technical Competencies Requirement
- Knowledge of Microsoft.
- Experience working with CRM systems.
- Knowledge about SAP.
- Understand the basic working of frequency controllers.
- Basic knowledge about electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and software.
- Able to read E-plan and mechanical drawings.
- Able to discuss on a (detailed) technical level with suppliers.
Non-Technical Competencies (Skill based)
- Speaking English and preferable Chinese fluently.
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly with HQ and with Customer.
- Ability to give well understandable presentations during customer training.
Behavioral Competencies Requirement (Behavioral based)
- Team player.
- Eager to learn.
- Perseverance / determination.
- Able to work with different cultures.