Senior Software Engineer
MYR 3,500.00 - MYR 5,500.00
AirAsia, Asia’s leading airline was established with the dream of making flying possible for everyone. Since 2001, AirAsia has swiftly broken travel norms around the globe and has risen to become the world’s best. Driven by the Dare to Dream spirit, we pride ourselves on being the region’s largest low-cost carrier, serving 25 countries and over 160 destinations. AirAsia is ranked the world’s best low-cost airline 11 years in a row. These are exciting times at AirAsia, we have a new dream to transform ourselves into a truly digital airline, and you can be a part of this journey. With over 40 million passengers flown last year and 30 million unique visitors per month, the products you build will be in the hands of millions of users.
Full stack senior software engineers at AirAsia focus on driving and leading initiatives to deliver secure, scalable solutions that are integrated with our large scale internal and external applications. We believe in the continuous pursuit of making things better and building a team passionate about learning and sharing knowledge. We’re looking for talent to be part of the enterprise domain within our software engineering team.
- Mentor software engineers, propose engineering solutions to solve complex problems.
- Participate and contribute in a team practicing agile scrum.
- Drive the culture and execution of test driven development in projects assigned to you and other developers within the team.
- Work closely with QA to bring automated testing capabilities.
- Execute strategies that allow for the team’s code to be analysed, reviewed and pushed to the pipeline efficiently.
- Discover and debug issues swiftly, refactor code as well as automate repetitive tasks.
- Practice security, performance and scalability as principles in your day to decisions and contributions.
- Share and document knowledge as part of your workflow.
- Work with multiple teams to deliver complex and cutting-edge software solutions for a growing business.
- Evangelize and drive stellar software engineering practices across the entire engineering team.
- Experiment and continuously explore new and emerging technologies and bring that perspective on how it can help the team.
- Be an awesome team member of the AirAsia Software Engineering & Technology team.
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 6+ years of related software engineering experience.
- Must be comfortable coding in at least one of the following backend languages: NodeJs, Python, Go.
- Comfortable with reviewing code as well as writing programs needed in fully-automated DevOps environments, as necessary.
- Experience working with cloud platforms, virtualization platforms such as (GCP, AWS, Azure, Docker, VMware/vSphere, etc.) , Cloud Management and Cloud Analytics.
- Experience with automation using scripting languages, such as Perl, Python, Ruby, and/or Bash as well as configuration of infrastructure with code automation (e.g. Atlassian tools, Ansible, Puppet, Chef).
- Familiarity with containerization concepts (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm or Mesos).
- Experience analyzing and resolving performance, scalability and reliability issues.
- Knowledge/experience with Application Logging, Monitoring, Performance Management such as (AppDynamics, Dynatrace, New Relic).
- Experience with web application environments, such as TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, HTTP, DNS, routing, load balancing, CDNs, etc.
- Embraces the growth mindset and strives to continuously improve self and team.